Clinical applications of ERGON ®IASTM techniques
ERGON ®IASTM techniques are able to improve the physiotherapist’s diagnostic abilities, taking into account that they magnify the sensation and perception of myofascial adhesions and stiffness; furthermore, these techniques are evidence-based techniques for the quicker rehabilitation of myofascial afflictions, of both acute and chronic typology.
More to the point, instrument-assisted manipulations can contribute to the rehabilitation of a vast range of musculoskeletal disorders, as either primary or secondary form of treatment.
One type of disorders that can be effectively treated through the application of specialized equipment techniques are the typical musculoskeletal injuries (acute type – overuse), as well as the more specialized sports injuries that require accelerated rehabilitation.
Applications of Ergon IASTM as basic technique - treatment
- Shoulder Join Tendinopathies
- Tennis Golfer
- Hand Tendinopathies
- Achilles Tendinopathies
- Pes Anserinus Tendinopathies
- Iliotibial band Friction
- Knee Tendinopathies (jumpers knee)
- Plantar Fascitis
- Muscle Strains (subacute / chroniv stage)
- Ligament Sprains (remodeling phase)
- ROM Deficits (frozen shoulder, post surgical adhesions, depuytren syndrome)
- Myofascial Trigger Points – Muscle Spasms – Pain Syndrome
- Shin Splints
- Upper and Lower Extremities Bursitis
Applications of Ergon IASTM as assistive - secondary treatment
- Cervical Pain Syndromes
- Thoracic Pain Syndromes
- Low-Back Pain – Sciatica
- Nerve Injuries (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)